We could talk about the fact that we are making display perform better. And this is what we do right here. But the exciting part for us engineers is how we are doing this, really. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to determining what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. For billions of unique adverts that are created and displayed at lightning fast speeds every day.
Here are a few figures, because we like data, yes indeed we do:
- 15 datacenters (9 with computing capacity + 6 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
- More than 35K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
- One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 171 PB of storage and 42.000 cores
- 250B HTTP requests and close to 4B unique banners displayed per day
- 130Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
- Respond to bids in 80ms or less, 24/7
- Close to 4M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
- Less than 10ms on average to select optimal campaign
- 10 ms to find best product in catalogue of hundreds of millions of products
- Tens of TB of new data stored daily
- Largest public Machine Learning Dataset in the world with over 4 billion lines and over 1TB in size
- Technologies: Hadoop, Couchbase, Redis, Mesos, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, Spark, Vertica, Druid, …
The R&D department develops the infrastructure and tools that allow us to manage these ever increasing volumes of data. More advertisers supplying more catalogues of products, more publishers and more user variables mean that we are working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
The 600 engineers@criteo are building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions, each one personalised automatically for its audience. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords! We have one of the best engineering teams, and our values are getting stuff done and having fun.
What it’s like to work at Criteo?
We’re a company that’s sharply aware our world is primarily driven by technology. Every day is different and we’re proud to make it a culture that always challenges your skills.
At Criteo we face some of the most challenging, but interesting problems in the IT industry. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others in the industry can compete with. Our data is not big it’s absolutely HUGE. To help us solve these challenges we need to have the best of the best in terms of engineering talent within our R&D team
Joining us will get you an opportunity to work alongside industry leading experts who will provide you with guidance and mentoring that will benefit you for the rest of your career.